The 2-year ÖkoCaP project is about researching the economic, technical and ecological potential of recycled carbon fibers (rCF) and rCF nonwovens in comparison to glass fibers, steel or, for example, aluminum. The aim is also to determine the effective relationship between the economic, ecological and technical levels for individual processes and routes in order to be able to identify the effects of various levers (e.g. various process parameters).
Pyrum Innovations AG participates in the ÖkoCap project within working group 1 for the shredding and recycling of carbon fiber reinforced plastics.
The following points are considered in the project:
- Implementation of a detailed LCA analysis in addition to the Infinity project
- Investigation of further process parameters for the identification of control levers
- Contribution of new findings to the LCA analysis after completion of the Infinity project
- LCA analysis (as well as profitability analysis) of the scale-up process
- Investigation of a large number of subsequent processes in the area of nonwovens
- Determination of the quality of mechanical parameters of the pyrolytically obtained rCF
- Manufacture of nonwovens with rCF
- Expansion of the network in the composite area along the process chain to potential customers and future project partners
Project start: April 2021
Project duration: 2 years
Project funding: Arbeitsgemeinschaft industrieller Forschungsvereinigungen (AiF)
If you have any questions about current research projects or would like to present planned research projects, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time: labor(at)pyrum.net